Demographic Data - Census Data
Postal, Street, Boundary and Industry Specific Data
Data is the fuel that powers mapping software engines and drives decisions. Without the right data, you may not to get very far. Mapping Analytics is your trusted source for many types of data. The right data used the right way help you gain insight and improve decision-making and business results for your organization.
Speak to one of our data experts — call toll free 877-893-6490.
Mapping Analytics as Your Data Provider
Here are three business reasons why you should talk to Mapping Analytics about your data needs:
1. You Gain a Single Trusted Source
There are dozens of data providers in the market, each promoting their own products. How can you be sure what’s the right data for your needs? Mapping Analytics will help you. We are ‘vendor neutral’ and have relationships with major data providers. And if you have a specific analytic need, we can locate and procure specialized data sets for you.
2. You Have an Experienced Partner on Your Side
When it comes to data, you shouldn't spend more than you have to, or get less than you need. For example, why pay for the most up-to-date population estimates if you only need to see general trends? On the other hand, if you want to be a ‘first mover’ into a new market, you'll want to invest in the most current and accurate demographic data to target markets with the highest potential. You can rely on our experience in advising clients to be sure you get the right data for your needs.
3. You Work with a Data Expert
When you work with Mapping Analytics, you work with experts in data. We understand how to evaluate a data set based on its key components, including:
- Content — What does the data actually consist of? What attributes does it contain? Is it point data or polygon data?
- Source — Where does the data come from? What is its original source?
- Methodology — For demographics and other data including projections and estimates, what methodology is used to derive the values?
- Vintage — How new (or old) is the data?
- Updates — How often is the data updated? How are updates licensed?
- Format — Is the data available in specific formats for the software you use (such as MapInfo or ESRI)?
- Cost — What is the balance between your investment and the return you will get from the data? Do you need the most current and accurate data sets?
Types of Data
Mapping Analytics offers the following types of data:
- Demographic — from multiple sources containing various attributes, depending on your business need. Both business and consumer demographics. Plus quarterly population updates.
- Postal — ZIP Code boundaries and point centroids, ZIP+4, Carrier Routes.
- Census — CBSAs, Counties, US Census Tracts, Blocks and Block Groups, Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs).
- Administrative — US Congressional District boundaries, State Legislative boundaries, State Judicial boundaries.
- Segmentation/Clustering Systems — lifestyle data for predicting patterns of consumer behavior.
- Streets — from up-to-date detailed streets to major road networks in MapInfo and ESRI format.
- Mailing lists — If you need a quality list for direct mail or telemarketing purposes, Mapping Analytics can help you acquire the best one for your needs.
- Industry Specific — Specialized data sets for bank marketing and financial services marketing, retail, telecommunications and other sectors. We able to satisfy some of the most esoteric data requests. For example, we have found a database of elementary school music teachers for one client.
Selected Data Providers
Here is a partial list of data providers Mapping Analytics works with:
- US Census
- Directory of Major Malls
- Dun& Bradstreet
- DMTI Spatial
- Information Asset Partners (Empirics)
- Map Superstore
- RPM (MarketBank & BranchInfo
- Trade Dimensions
The Words of Our Customers
"Mapping Analytics' showed us where the holes in our data were and helped us fill them. In the end, we had a solution based on facts, not assumptions."
William Webb, Project Manager
Accuracy of Data
High resolution boundaries with detail lead to good analytical results.
New Demographic and Boundary data for the People's Republic of China.